Paslay Group is currently recruiting for CONSTRUCTION MANAGER for our Executive Program Management team.
In this position, you will provide integrated direction, management, and leadership in the construction arena such as, Construction Logistics, RFI review, Change Management, understanding of Field Conditions, VE opportunities, Field Dispute Resolution, Construction Schedule Review, Interface Management, Safety and Quality Standards for major aviation programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and integrates the activities of multiple, major construction projects; ensures that project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the airport’s ongoing operations.
- Develops and establishes policies, construction strategies for the program, consistent with those of the airport organization, to ensure efficient and effective implementation of major projects.
- Participates in and oversees the preparation and managing of the construction management objectives and short- and long-range plans; develops tracking and evaluation programs to assist in the accomplishment of established project goals and objectives as it relates to construction delivery.
- Manages and administers a large, diverse team of professional/technical and support staff, both directly and through lower-level managers.
- Manages the working relationships between project leadership, airport administration, contractors, and operational stakeholders.
- Consults, coordinates, and serves as a liaison with contractors and airport officials on construction progress.
- Collaborates with airport leadership and administration to establish programmatic scheduling goals and priorities for construction.
- Recommends and participates in the development of airport policies and procedures as it relates to construction.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to the airport’s strategic directions and plans, and relevant state-of-the-art systems and technology.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in the Aviation field
- Engineering or Architect’s license is a plus.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures in different phases of construction.
- Knowledge and understanding of Construction Management.
- Knowledge of airport business practices and procedures as it relates to Construction.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Knowledge of current developments and trends in engineering/construction best practices.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully direct, coordinate, and strategically integrate and/or interface multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively manage a large, diverse team of technical, professional support staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures for RFIs, Change Orders, Task Orders, and other construction notification documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Base understanding of local Building Codes, OSHA standards (OSHA 30 is required), FAA Technical Specifications, Local Safety requirements and Airport/TSA Security Requirements.
- Understanding of Quality Assurance requirements.
MUST HAVE AIRPORT EXPERIENCE
Resume submissions to be directed to:
Airport Excellence is Our Expertise.
Let’s talk about how we can help your airport achieve new heights.