In this position you will provide integrated direction, management, and leadership in the administrative and business planning, design, construction, schedule, and budgeting for major aviation programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs and integrates the activities of multiple, major project operations; ensures that project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the airport’s mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Develops and establishes policies, strategies, and operating objectives consistent with those of the airport organization to ensure efficient and effective implementation of major projects.
- Participates in and oversees the development and implementation project objectives and short- and long-range plans; develops tracking and evaluation programs to assist in the accomplishment of established project goals and objectives.
- Manages and administers a large, diverse team of professional/technical and support staff, both directly and through lower-level managers.
- Manages the working relationships between project leadership, airport administration, principal business and operational stakeholders, and high-level external constituencies.
- Consults, coordinates, and serves as principal liaison with senior airport officials on strategic matters of capital development.
- Collaborates with airport leadership and administration to establish programmatic goals and priorities for capital improvement needs.
- Develops, administers, and manages complex, multi-faceted budgets as it relates to project development and deployment; performs periodic cost and schedule analyses.
- Recommends and participates in the development of airport policies and procedures; may serve on airport planning and policy-making committees.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to the airport’s strategic directions and plans, and relevant state-of-the-art systems and technology.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager.
- 10+ years of experience in the Airport/Aviation field.
- Engineering or Architect’s license is a plus.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Project Management.
- Knowledge of airport business practices and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Knowledge of current developments and trends in aviation, engineering/construction best practices, project management, and related technology.
- Skill in business, financial planning, and management.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully direct, coordinate, and strategically integrate multiple projects.
- Ability to effectively manage a large, diverse team of technical managerial/supervisory, professional, and support staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement short- and long-range strategies, use of technology and communication skills.
MUST HAVE AIRPORT EXPERIENCE
Resume submissions to be directed to:
Airport Excellence is Our Expertise.
Let’s talk about how we can help your airport achieve new heights.