Paslay Group is the premiere, full-service airport consultancy providing executive-level project and program management advisory services for a wide array of airports implementing capital development programs. Founded in 2006 by former airport executives, PG has successfully assisted owners in delivering airport projects valued at $21 billion and is currently managing an additional $11 billion in investments.
We are currently recruiting a DESIGN MANAGER for our Executive Program Management team based in Fort Worth with job opportunities across the Midwest at medium and large hub airports. As part of our executive team, you will help airports deliver development of new or renovated terminal facilities, both landside and airside.
As Design Manager, you will report to the Executive Program Manager for a specific project and will oversee, monitor, and manage the design efforts for the development/design teams and lead development of project design standards, requirements, and solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of the program definition manual.
- Establish design management guidelines, protocols, and procedures.
- Develop a design management plan including the associated performance metrics to evaluate performance by all participants in the design effort.
- Develop sustainability program guidelines, practices, and protocols. Approve project-level sustainability recommendations.
- Develop a compliance/quality assurance program to ensure implementation of design quality control efforts.
- Support the procurement of the design teams and/or design builders including the development of design schedules and design packaging.
- Support the EPM and Project Controls Manager in the preparation of contracts and procurement documents.
- Manage design assignments for every design package, holding to approved scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Manage architects, engineers, and special systems consultants and integrators.
- Coordinate needs for project phasing and packaging between the owner, contractor, and designer.
- Establish constructability review guidelines and protocols.
- Approve constructability review recommendations.
- Review design progress and approve recovery plans.
- Review and evaluate requested changes arising from design errors/omissions, including those changes that require redesign and/or a change order by the contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 15 years experience in design management on capital programs.
- Experience as Design Manager on projects valued at $200M or more.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering major capital design projects successfully on budget, on time, and meeting safety and quality standards within approved scope.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship or ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Professional license in architecture or engineering
- Sustainability certification
Resume submissions to be directed to:
Airport Excellence is Our Expertise.
Let’s talk about how we can help your airport achieve new heights.